A couple weeks ago I posted my little interview with Colton. We had fun with that. And then Jimmy came along and sat beside me, and I asked him the same questions. Jimmy didn't like that the second page was only half-filled, so I had to ad-lib a few questions. I included a download at the end of this post if you want to print out the extended version. It's pretty cute to see the delight on little faces when an adult genuinely wants to know their thoughts and opinions. Since then I have tried to ask my kids some random question every day pertaining to themselves or myself or our family and listen intently to their response.
1. What is something I always say to you?
Pick up your toys.
2. What makes me happy?
When we snuggle you.
3. What makes me sad?
If I don't pick up my toys.
4. How do I make you laugh?
5. What was I like as a child?
6. How old am I?
7. How tall am I?
Like twenty-five feet.
8. What is my favorite thing to do?
You liked-ed snuggling with us.
9. What do I do when you're not around?
Clean up the kitchen.
10. If I become famous, what will it be for?
Telling us to pick up our toys.
11. What am I really good at?
12. What am I not very good at?
13. What do I do for a job?
14. What is my favorite food?
Salad. Rabbit stuff.
15. What makes you proud of me?
Because you're cute.
16. If I were a character, who would I be?
17. What do we enjoy doing together?
18. How are we the same?
We both write.
19. How are we different?
You are a girl and I am a boy.
20. How do you know that I love you?
Hmmm... You snuggle me sometimes.
21. What do I like most about dad?
Snuggling him and stuff.
22. Where is my favorite place to go?
Grandma's house with us. And the park.
23. How old was I when you were born?
24. What is your favorite thing to do?
Go some places. Play in the mud and ride my bike in the mud. (singing) "There's so much to explore when you're outside!"
25. Where is your favorite place to go?
The park and Grandma's house.
26. What'smy favorite color?
Purple and pink.
27. What's your favorite color?
Brown. I like all of them the best though.
28. Who's your best friend?
Kailyn and Wyatt. AND ALSO!!! RIVER AND ANGELINE!
And like I said last time, it's your turn! Sit down with your child or borrow the neighbor's kid if you don't have one, and prepare to be amused and enlightened all while delighting the little person who just loves having someone spend time with them. The pace of life is so fast it becomes habit to rush along and brush the delightful little minds aside. They're always asking us questions, it's time we ask the kids questions! I created a printable so the electronic devices won't be present and the child will know you are giving them you undivided attention. If you don't have a printer, I suggest jotting these questions down in a notebook the old fashioned way. And I would love to see what your child has to say, so tag me or message me or comment or snail mail or homing pigeon me your conversation!